Looking for affordable dentures near Ponte Vedra? We take pride in helping you replace damaged teeth and complete your smile with dentures and denture implants. Complete your smile with dentures, with the added benefits of improved chewing, bite and even speech.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are prosthetic teeth that can replace all or a portion of your natural teeth. They help to support the cheeks and lips and help you get your smile back. Dentures mimic the look of natural teeth. They are removable and they require special hygienic care.
There are many denture services options available to suit your unique needs.
Types of Dentures:
- Complete Dentures – If you have lost all the teeth in your upper or lower jaw, complete dentures may be the solution you’re looking for. They also provide a solution if your remaining teeth cannot be adequately repaired and must be extracted. Patients choosing this option will typically wait several weeks for the gums to heal before complete dentures can be worn.
- Immediate Dentures – When you are facing the prospect of extractions of damaged teeth, you might have concerns about spending days or weeks with missing teeth while you heal. In some cases, we can provide immediate dentures to you the same day as your extraction. This preserves your confidence in your smile. As your gums heal and shrink, these dentures will need to be adjusted to better fit your mouth.
- Overdentures – This prosthesis option features dentures which cover and rest upon one or more of your remaining natural teeth. They can also be supported by natural tooth roots or dental implants, including various types of implant technology. Overdentures are a versatile option for many patients. They can be either tooth-supported or implant-supported.
- Hybrid Dentures – If you’re concerned about dentures moving around in your mouth, creating discomfort or difficulty chewing, hybrid dentures may be right for you. They are a full row of prosthetic teeth but, unlike traditional dentures, they are fused to your jawbone. This is done via a dental implant, so they cannot be removed. They provide a natural look, and you don’t have to worry about removing them and cleaning them.
- Partial Dentures – This type of denture is used when some natural teeth remain in the mouth. It is a treatment plan that plays two important roles. First, it fills in the gaps caused by missing teeth and gums. Second, it protects remaining natural teeth and gums from shifting in the mouth or experiencing bone loss.
What to Expect With Our Ponte Vedra Denture Services?
Depending on your needs, we can craft a complete set or partial set of dentures to restore your smile and confidence. They will be unique to your mouth. They are created based upon measurements and exact molds of your mouth in order to ensure the best possible fit.
Dentures are a common choice for people for replacing missing teeth. This is because they provide a natural look and restore function that was lost along with natural teeth.
While it may take some time to get used to the feel of your dentures, your muscles and gums will adjust readily to the prosthesis. Many cosmetic dentistry patients experience some soreness and difficulty chewing with their dentures at first. However, these symptoms soon subside.
Tooth extractions are necessary for many reasons, each as unique as the patient we’re treating. Many times, extractions are a needed step before a fitting for dentures for tooth replacement. After consultation and the decision to pull one or more teeth has been made, we use state-of-the-art, sterile methods to remove the problem teeth.
Although this procedure is pain-free, we understand that extracting a tooth can be a scary or anxiety-ridden process for many people. We have methods we can apply to make you comfortable during this procedure. This includes nitrous oxide sedation. If these methods would be helpful for you, please don’t hesitate to discuss them with us. Your health and wellbeing is extremely important to us at Ponte Vedra Family Dentistry. We continually strive to provide our Ponte Vedra patients with an optimal level of comfort during their dental care.
Caring for Dentures
Your set of dentures will require long term care and maintenance in order to remain in good condition. Regular visits to our dental office for cleanings and other preventive care is necessary. However, you should also be prepared to properly clean your dentures at home. Of course, our professional staff provides all the information you’ll need to properly care for your new dentures and ensure they last many years.
Quality Dentures & Implants Near Ponte Vedra
Helping you restore your smile is important to us. That includes offering accommodating financing options to fit your needs. Dentures are an investment, and they are sometimes covered by your dental insurance. We believe they pay dividends in terms of your overall health and confidence. If financing is of concern to you, please talk with us so that we can provide all the information you need.